A Gem of a Talk, A Talk about Gems
Pamela is now available for speaking engagements. A Gem of a Talk, A Talk about Gems is an informative — yet accessible and engaging — presentation that is perfect for social club meetings, light entertainment for trade shows, and industry events (particularly in the fashion industry). The presentation is also available in conjunction with a Disegno Fine Jewellery trunk show. In this lively presentation, Pamela will introduce you to:
- what natural gems are ...
- ... and are not! Including synthetics, simulants, composites, assembled gems and gem treatments;
- how we categorize gems into species, groups and varieties;
- an overview of testing and identifying gems;
- considerations in grading gems;
- considerations in designing gems into jewellery;
- care of gems and jewellery;
- and lots of time for questions!
Pamela has 30 years of expertise including professional training in jewellery design and gemmology. As a feature writer for Ottawa Life Magazine’s The Jewellery Box series, Pamela is constantly adding to her knowledge base.
For more information or to book your presentation and trunk show, call 613-482-1614.