Pamela Coulston, award-winning jewellery designer, doubly certified gemologist and feature writer on all things gems and jewellery, is now available for speaking engagements.
In a lively presentation, Pamela will introduce you to:
- what natural gems are ...
- ... and are not! Including explaining the meanings of synthetics, simulants, composites, assembled gems and gem treatments;
- how we categorize gems into species, groups and varieties;
- an overview of testing and identifying gems;
- considerations in grading gems;
- considerations in designing gems into jewellery;
- care of gems and jewellery;
- and lots of time for questions!
Pamela has almost 30 years of professional training in jewellery design and gemmology. As a feature writer for Ottawa Life Magazine’s The Jewellery Box series, Pamela is constantly adding to her knowledge base. Please contact Disegno for more details.
The Jewellery Box
Pamela's ongoing online feature in Ottawa Life Magazine where she brings little gems of history and lore, care tips, design ideas, trends, insight, birthstones, and much more from the colourful, sparkling world gemmology and jewellery.
Posted on: February 12, 2020